- Russian - Armenian (Slavonic) University
- Alfred Adler Institute (with participation of the University of Graz)
- Catholic University of Leuven
- ESMU - European Centre for Strategic Management of Universities
- College of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Republic Masaryk University (Brno) Brno University of Technology
- University of Ostrava
- Pierre Mendes France University (Grenoble)
- Stendhal University (Grenoble)
- University Paris - 8
- University of Rouen
- Paris Institute of Political Studies
- CNRS - French National Center for Scientific Research
- University of Perpignan (Via Domitia)
- Julich Research Centre
- Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics in Regensburg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- London Metropolitan University
- University of Glasgow (Central and East European Studies)
- Lincoln University
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- Open University of Israel (Raanana)
- University of Calabria
- Palermo University
- University of Sannio
- Guglielmo Marconi Telematic University
- Tohoku University
- Institute of Laser Engineering at Osaka University
- SRON Netherlands Institute for Space Research
- University of Warmia and Mazury (Olsztyn)
- Babes-Bolyai University (Cluj-Napoca)
Syrian Arab Republic
- University of Aleppo
- State University of New York
- Spring Arbor University (Michigan)
- University of Central Florida (Orlando, Florida)
- Argonne National Laboratory (Illinois)
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (USA and Canada)
- Civilian Research & Development Foundation
- University of Maryland, College Park
- Purdue University (West-Lafayette, Indiana)
UNN jointly with other European universities making part of appropriate consortia has completed and continues to implement a number of projects of the European Commission, of the National Training Foundation and other foundations.
One of such projects has eventually resulted in the Russian-Italian University involving UNN and the University of Calabria that provides training in the fields of economics, finance, computer science and mechanics. This type of education is certified by Russian and Italian higher education diplomas. The project was one of the priorities in the action plan between the Russian Federation and the Italian Republic signed by the President of Russia and the Italian Prime Minister in 1998. It provides for the participation (on a competitive basis) of Russian and Italian students. More than a dozen representatives of the two countries have completed successfully their training under this program, which complies with the principles of the European ECTS system.
A similar program (in the field of finance) with Roskilde University Centre (Denmark) was also successfully completed by a dozen students. Jointly with the Linguistic University of Nizhni Novgorod and two French universities in Grenoble, UNN participates in a major international educational project, the Russian-French University, under which lawyers and economists with the knowledge of two foreign languages (English and French) are being trained. The graduates of the program receive two Russian state diplomas: lawyer and interpreter or economist and interpreter. The project supported by the French Foreign Ministry also offers Russian students an opportunity to benefit from study periods at French universities.
UNN together with the University of Essen is implementing an educational project in the field of social sciences (in the framework of co-operation with DAAD).
In 1991, our first student exchange programs were initiated with member institutions of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities. Since 1994, the Russian Studies Program has been underway at UNN, offering semester-long courses in Russian language, culture and history to US and Canadian students.
Another important initiative implemented by UNN with the support of the Russian Ministry of Education jointly with US Civilian Research and Development Foundation is the pilot project, Research and education centre "Physics of Solid-State nanostructures". The centre is outfitted with a unique complex of high-precision research equipment. It holds nation-wide grant competitions for research to be done at the Centre.