Pre-University Preparatory Programme
Lobachevsky University offers preparatory courses to international students who wish to enter UNN and attend the degree programmes in Russian. The final examinations at the end of the preparatory courses are at the same time entrance examinations for international students who wish to enter the first year of the University (the degree programme in accordance with the chosen field of study at the preparatory courses).
During the course students study the Russian language as well as the basics of the main subjects corresponding to the selected field of study which are necessary to enter the chosen degree programme.
International students study in one of the five offered fields – Natural Sciences, Humanities, Economics, Engineering and Biomedicine. The main subjects of these fields are the Russian language and the Professional Russian (in the field of your choice). In addition to that the curriculum includes the basic subjects of specialization for each field of study.
Natural Sciences: Russian Language, Professional Russian, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Humanities: Russian Language, Professional Russian, Literature, History, Social science
Economics: Russian Language, Professional Russian, Social science, Mathematics, History
Engineering: Russian Language, Professional Russian, Mathematics, Physics, Informatics
Biomedicine: Russian Language, Professional Russian, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry
Students will be assessed at the start of the course and organised into classes according to their level of Russian. All classes will be organized in groups.
Duration & Tuition fees
- 1 year course (from September 2018 till June 2019) – 115 000 RUB (the fee is subject to change)
- 1,5 year course (from February 2018 till June 2019) – 155 000 RUB
Accommodation and meals are not included in the price.
- 1,5 year course (if started in the spring semester) – December 15, 2018
- 1 year course (if started in the fall semester) – July 1, 2018
1. Your international passport must be valid during 18 months or more after the date of arrival.
2. A candidate must be physically and mentally healthy and have no medical contraindications to study in Russia.
How to apply
b) Submit a copy of your international passport (all fulfilled pages)
c) Submit scanned copies of your original school/university certificate(s) and transcript(s) (only if you're planning to continue your studies after the preparatory course)
d) Submit scanned copies ofyour health certificate (incl. TB test).