Open Doors International Olympiad
Get your chance to enter any Master or Ph.D. programme at UNN for free!
• The purpose of the Alumni Association as stated in its Charter is to promote the Lobachevsky University and to foster mutually beneficial professional, scientific and entrepreneurial relationship between the University and its alumni.
• With a connection to Lobachevsky alumni across the globe, the Association is your win-win channel for re-connecting and networking, giving forward and engaging, sharing and learning from the diverse Lobachevsky alumni community.
• The Association helps you, as a University graduate maintain and strengthen relationship with your Alma Mater and with fellow graduates through a wealth of Association professional and social activities, continuing learning programs, online services and alumni events.
Who Can Join
All Lobachevsky University alumni*, staff/faculty members are eligible and encouraged to volunteer to join the the Alumni Association.
*Lobachevsky alumni are individuals who completed a degree and/or certain certificate programs at Lobachevsky University, or matriculated in certain degree programs but withdrew without receiving a degree.
Vision and Mission of Association
• The Alumni Association aspires to be a primary linkage between the Lobachevsky University and its family of diverse and engaged alumni across the globe, to commit them to the University’s mission of developing
academic, professional and scientific relationship and strengthening and advancing the University as a leading global scientific and educational center
• To foster a mutually beneficial professional, scientific and educational relationship between the University and its alumni across the globe
Upcoming events of Association 2019
Famous Alumni of UNN
Lobachevsky University graduates are successful in every profession imaginable, including science and education, business and law, politics and sports. Regardless of what part of the world they came from and where they reside after the graduation, they are often leaders and innovators who made many contributions to their fields, Alma Mater and society. Here are just some of the University’s many prominent alumni. It is, in fact, a work in progress that will continue to grow as Lobachevsky alumni of all ages make their mark in the world.
Аlexander N. Sokurov
a Russian filmmaker and screenwriter awarded honorary titles - Honored Artist of the Russian Federation and People's Artist of Russia. He studied at the Faculty of History of Lobachevsky State University during 1968-1974. Moloch, Taurus, Russian Ark, and The Sun are some of his featured works.
Valery V. Fokin
a Russian/U.S. chemist and one of the creators of click chemistry, is the most cited chemist of the decade, according to Thompson Reuters. Valery V. Fokin graduated from the Faculty of Chemistry of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod in 1993.
Мikhail V. Seslavinsky
an alumnus of the Faculty of History of Lobachevsky State University, heads the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Media of the Russian Government. He is known as a prominent statesman and politician as well as a researcher in book culture.
Vadim N. Vorobyov
Member of the Management Committee of Lukoil and Vice-President for Petroleum Products Sales, graduated twice from Lobachevsky State University - in 1983 and 1998 when he received a PhD in Economics.
Elena A. Posevina
a Russian rhythmic gymnast, has been a member of the Russian team since 2000. She became the Olympic champion twice (2004, 2008), as well as the world champion in 2003 and 2005 and 2005 champion of Europe. Elena Posevina graduated from the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod in 2013.
Natalia N. Pichuzhkina
is a Russian rhythmic gymnast, who became not only the champion in the World Championship women's team competitions three times (2009, 2010, and 2011), but also a winner of many other competitions, including European rhythmic gymnastics championships, European youth championships, and 2008 World Games. She graduated from the Faculty of Physical Education and Sports of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod in 2013. Natalia Pichuzhkina is Honored Master of Sports.
International Students Testimonials