Everywhere in Russia uses 220-240 Volts and 50-60 Hz current supplies. Electrical sockets (outlets) in Russia are one of the two European standard electrical socket types: The "Type C" Europlug and the "Type F", "Type E" Schuko (double round pin plugs). If your appliance's plug doesn't match the shape of these sockets, you will need a travel plug adapter in order to plug in.

Please check the electrical input specifications for your appliances before travel to Russia. It will appear on a label on the appliance itself, or on its charger near where the brand name and model number appear. Look for the word "input". The input voltage is usually abbreviated to "V". If your appliance is not compatible with multiple voltages (e.g. 120 volts), you will need a voltage converter or transformer to use this appliance safely.

If you need to buy socket adaptors or converters, you can purchase them easily in many electrical stores within the city.

The nearest electrical store to the University is:

1, Medicinskaya str. (ulitsa Medicinskaya), ground floor

Mo-Fr 9:00-20:00 
Sa 09:00 – 19:00
Su 09:00 – 18:00 

Social Bus 1, 2, 12, 30, 43, 68 
Bus 3, 4, 17, 19, 33, 44, 68, 97 
Trolleybus 13