UNN professor takes part in the BRICS Working Group meeting
Professor Victor Gergel, Director of the UNN Institute of Information Technologies, Mathematics and Mechanics, took part in the 2nd meeting of the Working Group of the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) on cooperation in the field of information and supercomputer technologies that was held in Pune (India) on April 10-12, 2018. Some promising areas for mutually beneficial cooperation have been discussed and outlined, including:
- Personalized medicine and public health: portable device technologies, data analysis, health anomaly prediction, simulation with the use of high-performance computing systems.
- Supercomputer technologies for joint design to solve the problems of "big challenge", algorithms, architectures, technologies and parallel programming tools.
- High-performance computing and BigData for sustainable development: addressing major environmental problems, climate change and pollution.
- Studies in the field of machine learning, AI and Big Data Analytics: the development of effective algorithms and tools.
- High-performance computing for digital security: analysis of user and entity behavior, detection and investigation of cybercrime, Internet and social networks monitoring.
- Development of an integrated knowledge space for digital heritage based on the OpenData environment.
Meeting participants also underlined the fundamental importance of training, retraining and professional development of personnel in the field of high-performance computing and supercomputer technologies. A preliminary agreement was reached on the participation of Russian scientists and faculty members in training programs in this field in India and China.